CTO at Numberly. Open-source contributor, Gentoo Linux developer and PSF contributing member. I enjoy sharing my experience on architecture design, distributed systems, fault tolerance and scaling Python... and Rust!
What would a Pythonista gain from becoming a Rustacean other than semicolons and brackets?
In this talk I'll share the learnings and achievements I got by adding the Rust programming language into my Python life. Illustrating a real story now in production at scale, I'll walk you through all the pains and joys of this unexpected journey which changed me more than I anticipated.
- Project introduction
- Motivations of selecting this project to learn Rust
- Tales of a Pythonista learning Rust
- Results, numbers and production graphs
- How Rust influences my daily Python
- Was it worth it? Should you do it too?